- Ages: 4 and up
- Dates: Select Saturdays and Sundays
- Trail Rides – 1 hour, Arena Rides: 30-minutes
Trail Riding: 1-hour
Enjoy a walking pace ride through the shady piney woods led by our capable equestrian staff. Riders ages 7 and up will receive some instruction in the arena beforehand and must be capable of steering their own horse before leaving the arena. Riders ages 4-6, leadline riders, will ride on their own horse which will be led by a staff member. *A parent/guardian must also book a trail ride on their own horse along with a leadline rider. Children that are too young to ride can still participate in fun activities around the barn! They can groom a horse, feed them treats and visit our petting zoo while others are on the trail. *A parent/guardian must remain to supervise.
Arena Riding: 30 minutes
After some instruction from staff, riders will freely enjoy the covered arena space with potential for a game led by our staff, if desired. Riders may trot if staff determine they are balanced and in control of their horse. Riders ages 4-6 will be led by a staff member and ages 7+ will steer their own horse.If a member of your family needs an accommodation in order to ride, please let us know ahead of time and we will be happy to help.
- There is no double riding at Camp Cullen- each rider must be mounted on their own horse.
- All riders are required to wear long pants and sturdy closed-toe shoes with a smooth sole.
- All riders will be required to wear a camp provided helmet while mounted.
- The weight restriction for horseback riding is 250lbs.